The last meeting was productive and the minutes are below in both plain text and PDF format. Don’t forget to meet us on Saturday September the 8th for a fun tailgate picnic and meeting!
Totah Amateur Radio Club
August 9th, 2018
President Dave K5AVO
Vice President Bill KK5ZH
Secretary Scott KG5VBX
Treasurer Bobbie N5XDQ
Ryan KG5RGN 3yrs remaining
Paul NM5PH 2yrs remaining
Paul KE5FBN 1yrs remaining
NEXT MEETING OF THE TARC IS at the tailgate picnic on September 8th, 2018. The tailgate will be located at Upper Rio Vista Park just off of Huntzinger Ave in Farmington. Please see https://www.totaharc.org for a map.
Meetings are held the second Thursday of the month at 7:30pm of most months at the Farmington Fire Station #6 on the west end of Farmington NM on the South side of Main Street (US 64).
The meeting was called to order by Dave K5AVO, at 19:30.
There were 13 attendees.
The Treasurer’s report for was read by Bobbie N5XDQ.
Beginning Balance $3159.56
Ending Balance $3174.58
Motion to accept Treasurer’s Report made by Bill KK5ZH, Seconded by Paul KE5FBN, Motion Passed.
The secretary posted the minutes on the website, but still needs to email them out. Motion made by Bobbie N5XDQ to accept the minutes as posted, Seconded by Tom Harper N0MKC, Motion Passed.
- Tailgate in Albuquerque – There will be a tailgate in Albuquerque. Come early
- Tailgate in Farmington – Bring food to share and stuff to sell! Our tailgate is being planned for September 8th, which is the Saturday after Labor Day weekend, at Upper Rio Vista Park. Dave has made a reservation for 10am – 2pm – Our September club meeting should be at that time and place as well. A map will be posted on our website.
- Park reservation – In order to reserve the park for our tailgate $20 for Dave K5AVO paid $20. A motion to reimburse the $20 was made by Bobbie N5XDQ and seconded by Bill KK5ZH and passed.
- Duke City Ham Fest – The Duke City Ham Fest will be September 21st to 23rd at Isleta Casino
- There will be hams there from four states.
- Some folks from Durango will be staying at the same place as last year.
- Reservations can be made at the casino.
- VE Testing – We will do another test next month – There will be more information on this soon.
- Road apple Rally – The Road Apple Rally will be held on the 1st Saturday in October – we will be stationed on the route in the glade and use the local area repeaters. This event usually goes from about 7am to about 12pm at the latest.
- New applications – There are 3 new applications (Bobby Spigner, Alan Moraza, Casey Spigner) and we will vote on them next month.
- Highway Cleanup – Lee will be leaving and we will need someone to take over the hwy cleanup. The next cleanup should be somewhere near the time change, possibly mid-October. We will Pick a weekend next month to pick up trash. Trying to call the state is hard. Lee, last time, mailed the report to them.
A motion to adjourn was made by Bill KK5ZH and seconded by Ryan KG5RGN and passed.