Totah Amateur Radio Club
January 10, 2019
President- Don KJ5GQ
Vice President- Bill KK5ZH
Secretary- Scott KG5VBX
Treasurer- Bobbie N5XDQ
Paull NM5PH-Term ending Dec. 2019
Dave K5AVO-Term ending Dec. 2020
Paul KE5FBN-Term ending Dec. 2021
- Totah Amateur Radio Club Meeting for February was called to order by Don KJ5GQ, at 19:32.
There were 16 in attendance.
- Treasurer’s Report
Bobbie N5XDQ reports as follows:
Beginning balance $2,834.69
Expenses paid $00.00
Interest accrued $00.02
Ending balance $2,834.71
Bill KK5ZH moved to accept the report, seconded by Dave K5AVO. Motion approved unanimously in a vote of acclimation.
- Secretary’s Report
Minutes for December posted to TotahARC.org and emailed to members.
Paull NM5PH notes that the club’s call sign is K5WXI, and should be noted in minutes in the discussion of club license trustee transfer.
Paull NM5PH moved to accept December’s Minutes as amended, seconded by KK5ZH. Motion approved unanimously in a vote of acclimation.
- Form to transfer trustee on club license from Doug NQ5G to Don KJ5GQ has been filled out and will be filed.
- Highway cleanup for spring. Historically it has been March 10, suggested moving to after March 22. Dave K5AVO volunteered to organize trash cleanup, taking over for Don KJ5GQ. April 13 suggested as a date.
- Ham testing- DARC plans to test March 30, July 23 and Sep 14. Tentatively Don KJ5GQ plans to test in Farmington, June 1 and November 16. Bobbie N5XDQwill check on availability of Sycamore Park Community center for test.
- Membership email list- Do we want to keep folks that aren’t members on the email list? Discussion consensus is to only send minutes to active club members, and the big list can be used for other club activities.
- Ryan KG5RGN tenders resignation as trustee. Dave K5AVO self nominates to replace as trustee. Dave K5AVO is accepted as trustee unanimously in vote of acclimation. Dave replaces Ryan, term still ends at the end of 2020.
- Normal yearly audit by trustees was not completed at brunch potluck, will be completed tonight and presented at next meeting.
- Bill KK5ZH commends Don and Sarah on a great potluck brunch, fun was had by all.
- Kasie KG5ZNQ, Talon KG5WYJ and Mike Jr. KG5WYK are presented as prospective members. Their membership will be voted on at the next meeting.
- Adjournment- Dave K5AVO moved for adjournment, seconded by Bill KK5ZH at 20:00.
- Don KJ5GQ has tables he is trying to get rid of. See him for info.
- January 26 there will be a tailgate in Albuquerque, worth googling if you are interested.
- Join us for an informal breakfast gathering at Los Hermanitos Restaurant East in the Middle Fork Square on East Main St. at 7:30 am on Saturdays. Anyone interested in Ham Radio is welcome!
- The Totah Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARPA) is in the process of setting up a repeater. Currently the repeater is not in operation and looking for a new home.
- NEXT MEETING OF THE TARC IS February 14, 2019 at Fire Station #6 at 19:30 (7:30pm) on the west end of Farmington NM on the South side of West Main Street.
Minutes faithfully submitted by Devin KD5NMX.