Totah Amateur Radio Club
April 8, 2021
President Donnie K6QQT
Vice President Bill KK5ZH
Secretary Scott K8OIP
Treasurer Bobbie N5XDQ
Paull Holmes NM5PH 3yrs remaining
Allen Prince KG5LFI 2yrs remaining
Fred Rossman KI5OVA 1yrs remaining
NEXT MEETING OF THE TARC IS Thursday October 14th at 7:30pm at Fire Station #6 on the west end of Farmington NM on the South side of Main Street (US 64).
Meetings are normally held the second Thursday of the month at 7:30pm of most months.
The meeting was called to order by Donnie K6QQT, at 10:20.
There were 14 attendees.
There was no bank statement for this month yet as of the time of the meeting for June.
Motion to approve made by Darryl KE0PX and seconded by Sarah KB5SPX. Unanimously approved.
The Secretary’s report was given by Scott K8OIP. Last month’s minutes were posted online and emailed. Motion to approve made by Bobbie N5XDQ and seconded by Sarah KB5SPX and unanimously approved.
- Club Insurance:
- ARRL affiliation was updated
- Insurance is available through ARRL
- Most clubs, coverage is about $200
- Donnie thinks this price sounds reasonable
- It covers: comprehensive injury, gathering, concessions etc, all club events. Pays legal defense costs. Up to $2M per year. No deductibles.
- Probably needed for meeting places
- Percentage requirement of ARRLmembers -Darryl asked
- We need to research what percentage of members are ARRL in the club and to find if we have that percentage
- It would be good to ask around (Kaiser and others…)
- Donnie will be gone the 21st, will not have time
- Road Apple Rally:
- First weekend in October (This year that falls on the 2nd)
- Someone heard that it might be a 2 day deal this year, so we need to see if we are still only needed the one day
- Contact Devin KD5NMX for more info or to volunteer
- Highway Pickup:
- The Highway pickup has been postponed long enough due to the pandemic. We will make an attempt to do it on October the 9th At 9am
- Contact Scott K8OIP to volunteer or for more information
- Ham Testing:
- Donnie K6QQT stated that we have a tentative testing date of October 18th. If you know anyone who would like to become a ham or upgrade their license then please contact Donnie K6QQT for more info.
- Motion to Adjourn – Made by Bill KK5ZH and seconded by Darryl KE0PX
- Meeting Closed at 11:40